Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Joining the Blogger World

Frankly, I prefer more one-on-one communication whether it be in person, over the phone, or via email.   However, distance prevents the first, my lack of motivation to pick up a phone puts a damper on the second, and thirdly (though I love doing it) I should probably cut back on my personal emails from work.   With that said, I don't love the idea of making a blog.  But, since I'm motivated by the neat stories & pictures I see on others pages... here's my effort toward keeping people informed on the activities of the Robinson's.  I am joining the masses in order to "keep in touch."  My only real hesitation is that I will waste too much time in front of the computer trying to figure out just the right words to type or waiting on our very slow upload speed when adding pictures.  So far both of these things have proven true.

Nonetheless, welcome to Manna's World.  The land where a five point star can be spotted on demand, where shoe insoles put supper on the table, and where physics books receive a lot of attention.  We're glad you're here :o)


Texas Capitol in Austin, Summer 2007


For those that never got the scoop, or just need a re-cap... 

Matt moved to Waco after graduation in 2004 (War Eagle).  I moved to Waco after graduation in 2005 (War Eagle). We got married in 2006 (War Eagle).  Matt has been pursuing a Ph.D in physics at Baylor and I have been working in the Sales & Marketing department at Spenco Medical Corporation.  We rent an apartment, I drive the same car I bought when I was 16, and we have a boy cat named Lucy (determining gender can be tricky).   

Also, we have lazy mouths so we decided long ago that it is much easier (and fun) to refer to two people that are commonly grouped together by a combined name like "Villary" rather than "Valerie and Hillary" or "Patrah" rather than "Patrick and Sarah."  Hence the title "Manna's World."  Ironically manna means "what is it."  So, what are we?  I dunno.  Just two twenty-somethings transplanted from AL & SC plodding along in TX...

6 comments:

Ash said...

I LOVE YOU, MISS YOU

Unknown said...

Yay, Jenna! I'm glad you joined the blog world. I don't have one, but I will when I have kids. I don't have anything exciting to write about now. My life is pretty boring. Anyways, I will look forward to your posts!

Krystal

Peg said...

Great job!! Enjoyed seeing pictures of you guys. See you in a few days. Love, Mom and Dad/Greg & Peg

Sarah Grace said...

Ok, Manna, it's almost been a month since you've posted. Don't fall too behind. Jenna I know there's lots of random blog thoughts circulating in your head. Let's hear them! Let the world know what Manna's been up to!

Anonymous said...

We love your blog site and really love keeping up with you this way; In person would be more fun,but this is great. By the way,why are you raising bees??? lots of love, Betty and Bruce

Linda Dean said...

It was great to read your blog and to hear you all are well and happy!!

Take care and keep in touch!

Love,
Linda Dean